These release notes give you an idea of what's new in the PORTAL.
PORTAL 2.1.0 (2023-04-21)
- DATA search results:
- Resources, links or downloads belonging to a dataset are listed in the drop-down menu of a search result.
- Icons in the search results provide information about the existence of a license, a PID and open access
- License, PID and access type werde added to facets. In addition, all facets can now be expanded at the same time
- The pop-ups for the respective ships on the home page are described in more detail
- Tutorial popups were redesigned and improved
- The viewer was updated and includes more filters and methods for importing data
- A bug that prevented filtering on the map in the search results was fixed
- Download links to tracklines on Expeditions page werde fixed
- You can now view additional information and explore relationships in an interactive graph for data search results.
- The viewer state is now kept in the background while navigating. When you return to the viewer, the state is restored.
- You can now click on the tracklines on the home page map to open the ship specific popup.
- We have added a color-coded bar that corresponds to the tracklines under the vessel icons on the home page.
- The guided tours for specific pages can new be re-enabled by clicking the question mark button on the bottom right.
- It is possible to select the number of visible search results for platforms and expeditions.
- We are currently working on a login function, so many internal changes have been made. The "My Data" feature has been temporarily disabled and will return when we launch the login feature.
- "Latest Publications" with an invalid release date are no longer displayed on the home page
- Marine-Data Mobile Version
- You can now use our portal on mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones
- We optimized every single page to automatically adapt it's content to different screen sizes
- improved support for touch screens was added to the individual user interface elements (e.g. sliders)
- "Seafloor Viewer" and "Ocean Observatory Viewer"
- Both new viewer instances enable you to browse a curated selection of marine research data
- the "Seafloor Viewer" focuses on visualizing bathymetric and sediment data
- the "ocean observations" viewer focuses on data from the body of water itself
- We added new features to the viewer
- You are able to add additional services from a catalog
- Draw your own geometries on the map and add annotations
- View more Metadata in the popups when clicking on data in the map
- Select a different comparison operator in the time filter
- We added the vessel Alkor to the startpage
- Near Realtime Data for all vessels on the startpage is available now
- Selected platforms have near realtime data on their individual pages
- A tour guides you through the indiviual subpages of the portal
- The map based filter on the data page now uses the visible area of the map for filtering.
- You can now download the list of your favourite datasets on the mydata page
- Fixed an issue with automatic feedback transmission.
- Only "Latest Publications" with a valid publication date are displayed on the startpage
- We have near real-time tracklines for large vessels in the portal
- You are able to mark your favorite datasets
- It's possible to select number of visible datasets
- Improved our feedback dialog
- Find featured projects right on the home site
- We spend effort in offer you datasets from more providers, e.g. DKRZ
- A lot of minor user interface improvements
- You can filter for more facets in search
- Where available you get an information about the underlaying data license
- Provided save file dialog for downloading event lists
- Fixed an issue for less relevant search results
Version: 2.1.0 6fc4a58